Everything You Need to Know About Travel Nurse Salaries
There are many variables that determine how much you can make as a travel nurse. However, it is common for travel nurses to earn a higher salary than a permanent RN. Depending on your specialty, where your assignment is, and the length of your assignment, travel nursing is a great way to advance your career and earn more money.
Not only do traveling nurses have the ability to earn higher wages than permanent nurses, with American Mobile, traveling nurses get full benefits from day 1 of their assignment.
To help you better understand how travel nursing salaries are calculated, check out the video below:
How Much Do Travel Nurses Make?
- In California, a travel nurse can earn up to $70.00 per hour*
- In Massachusetts, a travel nurse can earn up to $60.00 per hour*
- In Virginia, a travel nurse can earn up to $41.00 per hour*
- In Missouri, a travel nurse can earn up to $41.00 per hour*
- In New York a travel nurse can earn up to $63.00 per hour*
- In North Carolina, a travel nurse can earn up to $36.00 per hour*
- In D.C., a travel nurse can earn up to $51.00 per hour*
- In Texas, a travel nurse can earn up to $46.00 per hour*
- In Oregon, a travel nurse can earn up to $60.00 per hour*
- In Maryland, a travel nurse can earn up to $40.00 per hour*
*Based on highest earning hourly rates. Estimate of hourly payments is intended for informational purposes, as well as reimbursements for meal & incidental expenses and housing expenses incurred on behalf of the Company. Please speak with your Recruiter for additional details. For specific pay rate information and more details on take home pay rates, please contact an American Mobile recruiter.
Ways to Earn More as a Travel Nurse
Did you know that there are additional ways to boost your travel nursing salary? At American Mobile, we call these benefits—and there are lots of them!
In addition to your travel nursing salary and reimbursements, American Mobile offers many ways to increase your pay package:
- Referral Bonuses Up to $1,000 + other incentive programs
- My Time Overtime Bonus Program + other incentive programs for overtime hours
- Travel reimbursement to get you to and from your assignment
- Free housing or housing reimbursement
- Company paid benefits such as Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
Travel Nursing Benefits:
But wait there’s more! When you work with American Mobile, you also get the industry’s most comprehensive travel nursing benefits packages.
Learn more about all of the travel nursing benefits you’ll receive when you partner with American Mobile.
- Multiple medical plans to choose from, including day one health insurance plan
- Personal recruiter to assist with job searches
- Individual customer support manager to help you with payroll and timekeeping
- Dedicated credentialing analysts
- 24/hour clinical support
- On-the-job training and free CEUs
- Community involvement opportunities
- Company-provided housing option with dedicated housing experts
Interested in travel nursing? Search thousands of high-paying travel nursing jobs in the location of your choice. Start here.
• Travel Nursing FAQs
• Travel Nursing Testimonials