Travel Nursing Salary, Pay Rates and Benefits
How Much Do Travel Nurses Make?
Typically, travel nurses earn up to 15 percent more each paycheck. However, travel nurse salaries vary depending on the facility, location and specialty.
For example, the average hourly pay rate in California might be $30, while the average hourly pay rate in New York could be $24.
In addition to pay rates, traveling nursing salaries include daily incentives for meals and incidentals as well as monthly subsidies.
For instance, your monthly subsidy combined with daily meals and incidentals could be as a high as $4,000/month, resulting in an even bigger paycheck.
*For specific pay rate information and more details on take home pay rates, please contact an American Mobile recruiter.
Increase Your Travel Nurse Salary with American Mobile
American Mobile gives travel nurses additional ways to earn money. Discover ways in which you can boost your travel nurse salary below:
- Sign-on/Competition Bonuses: Many of the hospitals and facilities we work with offer generous completion and sign-on bonuses that go as high as $500 to $6,000 for a 13-week assignment.
- Exclusive Facilities: American Mobile has exclusive partnerships with the nation’s top healthcare facilities, which offer the most competitive travel nurse salaries.
- My Time Bonus: With our My Time Bonus Program, you can earn a $100 bonus for every additional 10 hours you work above your monthly regularly scheduled shifts.
- Referral Program: Know a friend or colleague that would be interested in travel nursing? You can earn up to $1000 for referring an RN with our Referral Program.
Travel Nursing Benefits
American Mobile is proud to offer the industry’s most comprehensive travel nursing benefits packages. Learn more about all of the travel nursing benefits you’ll receive when you partner with American Mobile.
- Health Insurance: Get access to medical, dental and vision benefits. Individuals may take up to 23 days off between assignments and still maintain health benefits.
- 401(k) Option: It’s never too early to start planning for retirement. American Mobile travel nurses can enroll in our 401(k) program.
- Continuing Education: Want to sharpen your skills? We offer all travelers free continuing education through The Learning Center at AMN.
- Housing: We provide free, private, furnished housing or travelers can find housing themselves with the stipend provided.
- Nursing License: Our travel nursing license experts can assist you in obtaining additional nursing licenses for travel assignments.
Interested in travel nursing? Search thousands of high-paying travel nursing jobs in the location of your choice. Start here.
• Travel Nursing FAQs
• Travel Nursing Testimonials