Ep. 33 – What It's Like Being a Labor & Delivery (L&D) Nurse - Meighan Pribesh, BSN, RNC-OB
In this episode, Meighan Pribesh, BSN, RNC-OB stops by to talk all things Labor & Delivery (L&D). We discuss the differences between working in large and small hospitals, a typical day in the life, how Meighan wants to have her baby, misconceptions, and more!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
FREE 3-Month Digital Subscription to American Nurse: https://www.myamericannurse.com/nursing-uncharted-podcast-complimentary-subscription/
EPISODE SPONSOR – AMERICAN MOBILE
Become a Travel Nurse at: https://www.americanmobile.com/
- (0:00) Introduction
- (1:44) Maggie & Meighan’s First C-Section Experiences
- (6:21) Changing to a smaller hospital
- (22:25) A Labor & Delivery (L&D) Nurse's Typical Day
- (30:51) Emergency Situations in L&D
- (33:12) How Meighan Wants to Have Her Baby
- (38:15) Being a Patient Advocate
- (41:00) Working With Resident Doctors
- (49:22) Misconceptions About Being a L&D Nurse
- (54:12) Advice on How to Prepare For Your Baby’s Delivery
- (1:03:00) Characteristics That Make a Good L&D Nurse
ABOUT MEIGHAN PRIBESH, BSN, RNC-OB
Meighan Pribesh is a graduate of James Madison University’s Nursing Program. She has been working in labor and delivery for a little over 8 years now. Most of her career was spent at a high-risk labor and delivery unit. After meeting her fiancé, she has now relocated to a small town community hospital where she still does labor and delivery.
Host – Maggie Reichard
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producer – Katie Schrauben
Assistant Producer – Sam MacKay
Music – Aidan Dykes