Ep. 29 – How Nurses Can Build Resilience and Care for Their Mental Health - Jen Barnes MSW, LICSW, RYT-500, TCTSY-F
In this episode, we talk with Licensed Social Worker Jen Barnes about how nurses can build resilience. We discuss learning to put yourself first as a nurse, fight or flight response, completing the stress response, and more!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (8:35) Learning to put yourself first as a nurse
- (21:20) Fight or Flight Response
- (26:49) Using Movement to Complete the Stress Response
- (32:20) Other Strategies to Complete the Stress Response
- (42:10) How to Calm Your Body When Feeling Shutdown or Activated
- (49:08) Trauma Therapist’s #1 Tip for Calming the Body
- (1:02:38) Meditative Movements
About Jen Barnes MSW, LICSW, RYT-500, TCTSY-F
Jen Barnes is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in private practice in Minneapolis, MN. She specializes in complex trauma, PTSD, stress, and grief. The daughter and sister of nurses she has a passion for empowering nurses to build resilience. She has worked with nurses 1:1 hoping to expand her reach to a broader audience. In 2021 she completed the Dare to Lead certificate program in order to address organizational challenges more effectively in healthcare. Most recently she spoke at the American Association of Critical Care Nurses’ 2022 NTI conference on Building Resilience in Nursing.
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile