Ep. 28 – Travel Nursing & Med Surg - Shannon Yarnoff BSN, RN, CMSRN
In this episode, we welcome Shannon Yarnoff BSN, RN, CMSRN, to talk all about travel nursing and working in med surg. Maggie and Shannon discuss how to feel confident when traveling as a nurse, community vs university hospitals, behavioral issues, nursing stress, med surg stories, and more!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (6:26) Travel Nursing & Med Surg
- (13:10) Feeling Confident in Travel Nursing
- (22:24) Community vs University Hospitals
- (25:06) Managing Behavioral Issues as a Med Surg Nurse
- (38:20) Nursing Stress Management
- (41:17) Med Surg Nursing Stories
- (50:16) Benefits of Working in Med Surg
About Shannon Yarnoff BSN, RN, CMSRN
Shannon graduated from JMU with her BSN in 2014. She’s been a nurse for 8 years now, working in med surg for her entire career thus far. She moved up the clinical ladder to a permanent position working as a charge nurse and obtained her CMSRN. In September of 2020, she began travel nursing and has completed 4 assignments working in various med surg and float pool positions.
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile