Ep. 26 – The Itty-Bitty Guide to NICU Nursing - Tiffany Nguyen BSN, RN, RNC-NIC
In this episode, we talk with NICU nursing expert Tiffany Nguyen BSN, RN, RNC-NIC. We discuss how Tiffany became a NICU nurse, a typical shift for a NICU nurse, patient populations, most memorable moments, and her book, The Itty-Bitty Guide to NICU!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (2:30) Did Tiffany always want to be a NICU nurse
- (4:40) NICU population
- (8:17) Prenatal care & working with the family
- (15:29) Typical Day for a NICU Nurse
- (23:50) Feeding NICU patients
- (26:15) Types of complex NICU patients
- (31:30) Hardest patients to take care of
- (33:04) Most enjoyable patients to take care of
- (38:14) Memorable patients
- (42:05) Tiffany’s Itty-Bitty Guide to NICU
About Tiffany Nguyen BSN, RN, RNC-NIC
Tiffany, also known as @nicunursetiff, has been a nurse working in the Neonatal ICU for almost 6 years. She created her YouTube channel and Instagram platform at the beginning of the pandemic to share her love of nursing, teaching, and NICU. Selling over 400+ copies of her NICU resource guidebook called the ITTY-BITTY GUIDE TO NICU and helping dozens of nurses land their dream jobs through her mentor sessions, her goal is to continue to use social media to share more about this unique specialty and encourage others to go out there and chase their passion in their dream specialties.
Tiffany’s Website: https://nicunursetiff.wixsite.com/tiffanyrn
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile