Ep. 02 - Working in the ICU During COVID, Burnout, Precepting, and More - Samantha Reddington BSN, RN, CCRN
In the first official interview on Nursing Uncharted, we were incredibly excited to welcome Sam Reddington BSN, RN, CCRN, as our special guest. Sam and Maggie reflected on their own real nursing experiences, discussing what life looks like as a nursing preceptor, stories from the pandemic, fighting burnout, understanding mortality, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) An introduction to our very first interviewee, Sam Reddington BSN, RN, CCRN
- (1:33) How was Sam’s last shift?
- (8:37) Life as a nursing preceptor during COVID
- (14:32) The weight of a nurse’s role
- (24:02) Stories from nursing during COVID
- (30:42) Finding moments of hope during COVID
- (43:35) Discussing mortality in uncertain times
About Samantha Reddington BSN, RN, CCRN
Samantha (Sam) graduated from Radford University’s nursing program in 2014 and has been a critical care nurse for the past 7 years. For the past year, Sam has predominately been working in the COVID ICU.
She currently lives in Virginia with her fiancé and dog Sylvester—they are *finally* getting married in June after having to post pone the wedding twice because of COVID. To follow Sam on her nursing journey, make sure to follow her on her Instagram!
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producer - Katie Schrauben
Show Notes - Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile