Job Description & Requirements
Telemetry Nurse - Travel - (Tele RN)
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Assist with central line and chest tube insertion.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.
Medication: HCS EMAR; Paper Charting
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Arrhythmia interpretation, pre/post op care of cardiac cath pts. Care of medical/telemetry observation pts.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Weekend rotation required. 48 hours EOW.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Yes, only to units with the same patient population.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit.
9. Dress Code:
Grey scrubs bottoms and any color for tops
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
General orientation to the facility with unit specific orientation provided on the floor.