Seeking a nursing license in New York State for travel nursing jobs, but worried about the red tape? The process is easy with American Mobile. An experienced licensing team will guide you through the process, avoiding unnecessary hassles and ensuring quick placements in travel assignments across the state.
American Mobile travel nurses can also qualify for reimbursement of some or all of their state licensing fees! Travel nursing jobs in New York are plentiful, which means that nurses can have their pick of locations—from the bright lights of New York City to the serene rolling hills upstate.
How Long Does it Take to Get a New York Nursing License?
The average wait time for a New York RN license by endorsement ranges from 6 to 8 weeks after all documentation is received. But the process can take longer, due to seasonal fluctuations and an increasing number of license applications every year.
How Can We Help?
- A clear process for license applicants to follow, including detailed instructions and direct access to forms and resources
- Availability to answer questions and troubleshoot when necessary
- Reimbursement for licensing fees in many cases (ask a recruiter for details)
Is New York a Compact State?
New York is not part of the Nurse Licensure Compact, which allows nurses in more than 30 states to work across state lines without getting an additional license. Nurses with a compact state license will still need to apply for New York RN licensure by endorsement.
Renewing Your New York Nursing License
At the time of initial New York licensure, nurses receive a license parchment and a registration certificate. Their nursing license is valid for life unless it is surrendered, revoked, annulled or suspended. However, nurses must renew their New York registration every three years in order to continue practicing; this renewal requires a $73 fee and current Infection Control coursework.
Requirements for New York RN Licensure By Endorsement
Applicants with RN licenses from another state or U.S territory (and who graduated from a qualified nursing school in the U.S.) can apply for a New York nursing license by endorsement.*
- Complete a New York State Education Department (NYSED)-approved Infection Control Course and a Child Abuse Identification and Reporting Course, or qualify for an exemption
- Submit a completed online application for licensure
- Pay the licensing and initial RN registration fee, currently $143
- Submit certified nursing school transcripts
- Provide verification of all nursing licenses held, either through Nursys or the state-provided form
American Mobile Can Help You Experience Travel Nursing in New York!
The experts at American Mobile are ready to assist with your New York State nursing license and find your ideal travel nursing assignment in New York.
Design your ideal job