Ready to experience a laid-back lifestyle, friendly people, and genuine Southern charm? Getting your Mississippi nursing license is the key to travel nursing jobs in the Hospitality State that match your skillset, professional needs, and lifestyle preferences.
Whether you already hold a multistate nursing license with the Nurse Licensure Compact or need to get your Mississippi nursing license by endorsement, the team at American Mobile can help make your dreams a reality.
Nurse travelers will find plenty to explore while on assignment in Mississippi, from the expansive Holly Springs National Forest in the north, to the historic Delta region, to the beautiful beaches along the state’s Gulf Coast. In fact, the state offers a wealth of natural beauty and recreational opportunities throughout the year.
Mississippi also prides itself on its incredible southern cuisine, exciting nightlife, eclectic music scene, and an array of diverse cities and towns, each with its own unique vibe.
Mississippi is a Compact Nursing State
Mississippi participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), which allows RNs or LPNs to have one multistate nursing license, with the privilege to practice in any of the 30-plus compact member states. The licensing standards in NLC states require all applicants for a compact multistate nursing license to meet the same requirements.
If your original state of licensure is a compact state, you can verify whether you hold a multistate license or a single state license at Nursys.com. If you do hold a multistate nursing license, you may work travel nursing jobs in Mississippi without the need for additional licensing.
How to Apply for Your License
Registered nurses who do not have an NLC multistate license but hold a current nursing license in another state or U.S. territory can apply for licensure by an endorsement through the Mississippi Board of Nursing. First-time licensees would apply for licensure by examination.
The requirements for Mississippi RN licensure by endorsement:
- Register with the state board’s Nurse Gateway portal and submit a completed application for endorsement
- Pay the RN license application fee of $100 ($60 for LPN licenses)
- After completing the endorsement application, register for a criminal background check, pay the $75 fee and complete fingerprinting
- Request an official transcript from your nursing program, which must be sent to the Mississippi State Board of Nursing in a sealed envelope or via eScrip-Safe.
- Submit verification of your original license by visiting www.nursys.com; if you were originally licensed in a state that does not participate in NURSYS verification, you will need to contact your original board of nursing to request verification.
How to Renew Your License
The state’s nurse license period is for two years, based upon the renewal cycle of the license. Registered nurses can renew their RN license in Mississippi by submitting a renewal application via the Nurse Gateway portal and paying the RN license fee during the renewal period, from September 1 – December 31, in even-numbered years. LPNs can renew their licenses during odd-numbered years; LPNs with expanded role certificates have additional CE requirements.
Embrace the Southern Hospitality
The travel nursing experts at American Mobile can find your ideal assignments, walk you through the Mississippi RN licensing process, and reimburse your licensing fees.
Design your ideal job