Ep. 08 – How to Get Started with Travel Nursing - Hannah Quirk, RN, BSN
On this episode, we brought in a road-tested nurse to discuss how to get started with travel nursing. Special guest, Hannah Quirk, RN, BSN, gave us the full rundown of what it takes to jumpstart your nursing career with confidence, offering her advice on finding the right travel company and recruiter, what to look for in a travel nursing contract, travel interview best practices, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) An introduction to Hannah and her nursing background
- (2:24) Where to get started exploring travel nursing
- (15:03) Finding your travel nursing company & recruiter
- (21:30) Travel nursing housing options
- (28:13) What to look for in travel nursing contracts
- (35:49) Travel nursing interviews
- (43:05) Hannah’s favorite assignment(s)
- (47:49) Hannah’s favorite NICU patient population
- (50:03) Advice for transitioning to travel nursing
About Hannah Quirk, RN, BSN
Hannah graduated from the Duquesne University School of Nursing in 2016. She began her nursing career in the Level 3 NICU in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania where she worked for two years. She then began her travel nurse journey which brought her to California, Washington, Arizona, and Colorado. She was a travel nurse for 3 years and worked in NICUs of all different sizes and levels. She even met her boyfriend, Eric, along the way and he traveled by her side.
Hannah is now back in Pittsburgh at her home hospital, as her travel journey has come full circle. Hannah loves to hike, ski, spend time in the mountains and in nature, try new food and beer, and meet new friends! You can follow Hannah and Eric online through their travel Instagram, Hannah’s personal Instagram, and her travel nursing blog!
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile