Ep. 25 – Nursing Legislation, Hope For the Future, Good Nurse Bad Nurse - Tina Vinsant, BSN, CCRN
In this episode, we welcomed the mind behind the Good Nurse Bad Nurse Podcast to break down everything going on with nursing legislation and its impact on the future for nurses. Special guest, Tina Vinsant, BSN, CCRN, joined us to discuss advocating for nurses, nurse staffing ratios, how nurses can get involved in lobbying, and much more!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (2:22) How did Good Nurse Bad Nurse get started?
- (10:16) What is Good Nurse Bad Nurse about?
- (15:00) Advocating for Nurses
- (17:15) The RaDonda Vaught Trial & Advocating for Nurses
- (26:05) Qualified Immunity for Nurses
- (30:41) Nurse Staffing Ratios
- (38:20) How Nurses Can Get Involved in Lobbying
- (44:02) What’s Next for Tina’s Lobbying Efforts
About Tina Vinsant, BSN, CCRN
Tina is a registered nurse with a BSN from Lincoln Memorial University in East Tennessee. Tina has been a nurse for seven years. She worked for four and a half years in a Progressive Care Unit (PCU) at the region's only level one trauma center. She worked as a team leader in this PCU as a certified Progressive Critical Care Nurse for over a year. She has since moved to the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) and is now a certified Critical Care Registered Nurse. She is currently working as a travel nurse in various hospitals throughout the Southeast.
Find Tina Online:
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile