Ep. 19 – What It's Like Being a Summer Camp Nurse - Thea Mullis, Summit Camp
On this episode, we learned what it’s like being a summer camp nurse. Special guest, Thea Mullis, joined us to share her experience as a summer camp nurse, detailing a day in the life of a summer camp nurse, the most fulfilling parts of working at a summer camp, the ideal characteristics of a summer camp nurse, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (3:25) What Led Thea to Work at a Summer Camp
- (7:24) Objectives of Summit Camp
- (17:38) Summer Camp Population
- (20:18) Day in the Life of a Summer Camp Nurse
- (27:29) Summer Camp Nurse Stories
- (34:58) Developing the Skills of Campers Through Travel
- (53:28) Most Fulfilling Parts of Working at a Summer Camp
- (56:45) What Type of Nurse Would Make a Great Summer Camp Nurse
- (1:04:21) Where to Learn More About Summit Camp
About Thea Mullis, Summit Camp
Thea Mullis, a native of Savannah, Georgia joins us as the Summit Camp Travel Director. She has been the head of the tour programs since 2014. Thea plans and executes each facet of Summit’s Travel and Weekender program itineraries. Her incredible insight and experience ensure that the trips will meet special populations' needs and will be stimulating socially and personally in ways that have a lasting impact.
Where to Find Thea Online:
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile