Ep. 17 – What It's Like Being a Military Nurse - Ari Flowers, BSN, CEN, TCRN
On this episode, we had the exciting opportunity to speak with a military nurse about her experience in the field. Special guest, Ari Flowers, BSN, CEN, TCRN, shared her career journey, detailing her nursing and military background, the different roles of a military nurse, a day in the life of a military nurse, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (3:10) Ari's Nursing and Military Background
- (8:25) How is it Being Stationed in Korea
- (9:52) Did Ari Always Know She Wanted to Be a Military Nurse
- (11:20) Juggling ROTC & Nursing School at the Same Time
- (14:00) Different Roles of a Military Nurse
- (19:49) Military Nursing Specialties
- (21:40) Day in the Life of a Military Nurse
- (24:21) How COVID-19 has Affected the Military
- (27:51) What's Next for Ari
- (29:06) Benefits of Being a Military Nurse
- (30:20) How to Become a Military Nurse
About Ari Flowers, BSN, CEN, TCRN
CPT Arianna (Ari) Flowers serves as an Emergency/Trauma Nurse for the United States Army. She has been in the military for 7 years and held a variety of roles and responsibilities. Currently, CPT Flowers is stationed overseas in Korea in a Forward Surgical Resuscitative Detachment. She loves the military and all the opportunities it has given her and plans to the Army her career.
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile