Ep. 16 – Scoping Out Endoscopy Nursing - Shelby Evans, BSN
On our first episode of 2022, we got to talk about a very popular realm of nursing: Endoscopy. Special guest, Shelby Evans, BSN, joined us to share her experience as an endoscopy nurse, detailing her journey finding endoscopy, a day in the life of an endoscopy nurse, the characteristics of a good endoscopy nurse, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) Introduction to Shelby Evans, BSN
- (2:25) How Work is Going for Shelby During the Pandemic
- (12:42) Why Shelby Left Inpatient to go to Endoscopy
- (21:25) Did Shelby Find What She was Looking for with Endoscopy
- (25:05) Day in the Life of an Endoscopy Nurse
- (32:47) Who's Typically in the Procedure Room
- (36:58) What Does an Endoscopy Nurse Do During a Procedure
- (40:32) Is it Difficult Moving from Inpatient to Outpatient
- (45:04) Challenges of COVID Restrictions with Patient Families
- (57:00) Characteristics of a Good Endoscopy Nurse
About Shelby Evans, BSN
Shelby began her nursing career as an inpatient BMT (bone marrow transplant) & oncology RN. She experienced burnout as a new nurse, so she began searching for different roles as an RN. For the last 5 years, she has been working in the Endoscopy Lab. Recently, Shelby helped form a COVID-19 phone line to triage patient care at the beginning of the pandemic. To keep up with Shelby’s nursing adventures, follow her on Instagram!
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile