Ep. 14 - Nursing Ambassadors: Educating Patients on Pharmaceuticals - Carlisle Nottingham RN, MSN
On this episode, we had the opportunity to talk about a different side of the nursing profession. Special guest, Carlisle Nottingham RN, MSN, joined us to share her experience working as a nursing ambassador, discussing the role of a nursing ambassador within a pharmaceutical company, the relationship between nursing ambassadors and their patients, the ideal candidate for a nursing ambassador job, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) An introduction to Carlisle and her nursing background
- (4:44) Nursing ambassador pharmaceutical job overview
- (9:12) Understanding nursing ambassador programs
- (16:47) The relationship between patients and nursing ambassadors
- (21:06) Nursing ambassador specializations
- (22:50) Working for a pharmaceutical company vs. a hospital
- (29:18) Challenges of working as a nursing ambassador
- (38:26) Rewards of working as a nursing ambassador
- (43:11) What’s next for Carlisle?
- (44:28) The ideal candidate for a nursing ambassador job
About Carlisle Nottingham RN, MSN
Carlisle graduated from James Madison University in 2014 with her bachelor’s degree in Nursing. From there, she went on to work as a Registered Nurse in Richmond, Virginia in a Cardiac PCU for a few years before transitioning to travel nursing. Carlisle traveled for about three and a half years working on a variety of different units including Cardiac, Neurosurgery, Trauma, Respiratory, Immune Deficiency, and Infusion Units across the United States.
While traveling, Carlisle enrolled through St. Xavier University’s online program to obtain her MSN specializing in Clinical Education. After her years of travel nursing, Carlisle found a position with a healthcare firm as a Nurse Educator providing telephonic and virtual patient education and was able to finally complete her Master's in May of 2020. To see where Carlisle heads on her next adventure, follow her on Instagram
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile