Ep. 12 – Empowering New Nurses with Nurse Katherine - Katherine Weaver, BSN, RN, CMSRN
On this episode, we brought in someone who has been an incredible resource for nurses everywhere to speak about empowering new (and experienced) nurses. Special guest, Katherine Weaver, BSN, RN, CMSRN—better known as Nurse Katherine—shared the mission behind creating her nursing YouTube channel, her insight into addressing burnout among new grad nurses, ways to empower our fellow nurses, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) An introduction to Katherine and her nursing background
- (9:09) Nurse Katherine’s YouTube Channel
- (17:10) Transitioning from nursing school to new grad employment
- (21:24) Advice for nurses in a precepting role
- (28:25) Incorporating philanthropy into nursing practice
- (38:23) Addressing burnout with new grad nurses
- (43:00) Ways to empower our fellow nurses
About Katherine Weaver, BSN, RN, CMSRN
Katherine started her nursing career after graduating nursing school in 2016 and after a few years, realized that the profession was lacking in professional precepting for the new generation of nurses. She saw the need to build a community for nurses and nursing students to feel valued and flourish in their own careers. In 2019, she built her YouTube channel, Nurse Katherine, to help educate, inspire, and mentor nursing students and registered nurses everywhere—a mission she continues to fulfill today.
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile