Ep. 10 – Float Pool Nursing and Nurse Education - Irene Aghahowa, BA, MSN, MPH, RN-BC
On this episode, we split time discussing float pool nursing and nurse education. Special guest, Irene Aghahowa, BA, MSN, MPH, RN-BC, shared her professional wisdom on both topics, discussing the role of an acute care SRO nurse, the differences between float pool and floor nursing, nurse education in a post-COVID world, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) An introduction to Irene and her nursing background
- (2:05) The role of an acute care SRO nurse
- (6:43) Differences between the float pool and floor nursing experience
- (15:04) The advantages and disadvantages of SRO nursing
- (20:52) Concept-Based nursing education
- (25:49) The role of a nurse educator
- (34:20) Nursing education post-COVID
About Irene Aghahowa, BA, MSN-Ed, MPH, RN-BC
Irene is a nurse educator and clinician and has been a nurse for over 13 years. Her illustrious education background includes a BA in biology, a BSN in nursing, an MSN in education, and a master’s in public health. During her career, Irene has worked in adult acute care as a cardiovascular thoracic and medical-surgical nurse, long-term care, clinical in-patient case management, and nursing education. To see what Irene has going on today, make sure to follow her on Instagram!
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile