Ep. 09 – PACU Nursing: What You Should Know - Ali Moog, RN, BSN
On this episode, we dove deep into a setting that is becoming more and more popular among nurses today—the PACU. Our special guest, Ali Moog, RN, BSN, shared her personal account of life as a PACU nurse, her memorable moments from the PACU, working as a PACU nurse during COVID, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- (0:00) An introduction to Ali and her nursing background
- (5:53) Life as a PACU nurse
- (12:50) PACU nurse orientation
- (15:55) Understanding PACU codes
- (19:07) Differences between an anesthesiologist and CRNA
- (22:25) The culture of the PACU
- (25:09) Work-life balance as a PACU nurse
- (29:22) #PACUProblems
- (32:18) Memorable moments from the PACU
- (34:01) Working as a PACU nurse during COVID
- (38:21) The main challenges of working in PACU
- (40:30) Driving factors for nurses to transition to PACU
About Ali Moog, RN, BSN
Ali has been a nurse for six years, starting her career in a surgical step-down unit before transitioning to her current role in the PACU—where she has been for the last five years. She works as a level-3 clinician and a PRN Evening Charge Nurse and advocates for giving other specialty nursing units a closer look at life in the PACU. When she is not working, Ali is a mother to her beautiful 3-year-old and 1-year-old daughters at home. To keep up with Ali’s nursing career and lifestyle, follow her on Instagram!
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by American Mobile