25 Best Apps for Nurses on the Go
What are the best apps for nurses? These days our phones are practically an extension of our bodies, but if you’re only using your smartphone to text or update your Facebook status, you’re missing out.
We’ve pulled together the best apps for nurses that can keep you focused on caring by giving you ready access to essential reference tools.
And, to ensure your days off are as fulfilling as your workdays, you’ll also find top apps for nurses who travel. Use these to explore your new digs and make the most of each journey.
Download your top picks before your next travel nursing assignment.
Top 25 Best Apps for Nurses
3. Pill Identifier – Ever have a patient hand you a bowl of loose pills? An indispensable app for nurses to quickly search over 14,000 meds based on imprint, drug name, color or shape. (iPhone)
4. Lab Values Medical Reference – All you need to decipher lab results for commonly ordered panels. (iPhone)
7. MRSA eGUIDELINE – Easy to navigate reference tool to identify and treat drug-resistant staph. (iPhone)
11. Med Mnemonics – 1,900+ acronyms, rhymes and memory tricks to help you learn and recall crucial information. This particular aid made our list of the best medical apps for nurses because of its ease of use, and the fact that you can delete, edit and add your own personalized mnemonics. (iPhone)
12. MediBabble – Communicate with your non-English speaking patients with this translation tool of medical phrases organized in a standardized history-taking format. (iPhone)
18. Nursing Central – The premier, all-in-one clinical resource for nurses. Includes disease, drug and test information, a leading dictionary, literature searching and more. Many nurses swear it is worth the premium price. (iPhone or Android)
Travel Nurses’ Picks: Best Apps for Nurses on the Go
19. Bark Happy – Your faithful friend deserves to enjoy a travel adventure too: find places to crash, play and eat together. Plus, connecting with other dogs and their owners means you can both make some new friends. (iPhone or Android).
20. Awesome Note – Organize your work schedule, birthdays, passwords and more in a colorful, easy format. You can even keep a diary of your travel adventures by attaching photos and maps. (iPhone)
22. Roadside America – Weird and wonderful attractions you won’t want to miss can be found on the road to your travel nursing assignment and in your new location. (iPhone)
25. Rego – From favorite coffee shops to new hiking trails, you’ll find them all again with this bookmarking app, and it’s compatible with Foursquare. (iPhone)
Did we skip your favorite? Share your thoughts on the best apps for nurses on our Facebook page.
STILL LOOKING for your next travel nursing assignment?