Nurse Discounts in Celebration of Nurses Month
Nurses Month, which was expanded from Nurses Week starting in 2020, is a time to reward and recognize the hard work and dedication of our nation’s nurses throughout the year. These healthcare heroes have been especially tested throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, showing strength, grace, and compassion during the most difficult of times.
We are proud to honor and celebrate nurses throughout Nurses Month in May, and during the traditional Nurses Week that runs from May 6-12.
One small way that many businesses and corporations show their appreciation is by offering free gifts and special discounts for nurses during this time. Although some companies (including cell phone carriers and mattress manufacturers) offer discounts for nurses and other frontline workers throughout the year, others have special discounts for nurses throughout Nurses Month.
American Mobile has rounded up some of the most popular discounts for nurses by category. So sit back, relax, and get ready to enjoy some goodies!
Top Discounts for Nurses
Clothing & Apparel
- Lululemon: There’s nothing like a new pair of leggings to wear on your days off, and the famous active-wear company offers nurses and other clinicians 15% off throughout the year.
- Crocs: Crocs started their “Free Pair for Healthcare” program during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and is still going strong today. Simply fill out their online form to request your pair.
- Reebok: Nurses who verify their licenses with ID.me can get up to 50% off Reebok merchandise. Year-round discount!
- Adidas: Nurses and other healthcare heroes and first responders get access to a nice discount throughout the year, not just during May! Simply shop, verify and enjoy an exclusive discount of 30% online and in-store and 20% at factory outlets.
- Nike: Nike offers a 10% discount for nurses and other healthcare heroes throughout the year.
Food & Beverage
- Outback Steakhouse: Treat yourself to a nice steak dinner after your next long shift. Every day, Outback offers nurses and other heroes 10% off their bill as part of their “Heroes Discount.”
- Texas de Brazil: This delicious eatery offers healthcare heroes 15% off on dine-in dinner and lunch prices (salad area only too!)
- Chipotle: This popular Mexican chain is offering their Healthcare Heroes program for nurses and other clinicians. You can apply online for a free burrito! It all starts April 29, but supplies are limited.
Many restaurants have offered specials for nurses in recent years, but haven’t officially announced them yet for 2022. Be on the lookout for announcements from companies like Dunkin’ Donuts, which has offered a free cup of coffee to nurses, and Cinnabon, which usually offers a free cinnamon roll during Nurses Month.
Books & Electronics
- Samsung: Score a nice 30% off nurse discount when you verify your healthcare credentials with Samsung. Choose from cell phones and watches to appliances and more!
- Amazon Kindle: International Nurses Day is on May 12, and Amazon is celebrating by offering four nursing-themed medical drama books for FREE.
- Bose: Nurses who verify with ID.me can enjoy a special discount from Bose with a minimum purchase of $199. Who needs new headphones?!
- Bayer:The company known for world-famous brands such as Aleve® and Claritin® offers samples of its popular products for healthcare professionals. Simply create an account and request your free product samples.
- AAA: Need a tow? AAA offers special discounts and perks to nurses throughout the year. Deals depend on the state, so contact your local AAA office for more details.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance: Liberty Mutual partners with the American Nurses Association (ANA) to give registered nurses discounts on auto and home insurance. If you're a member of the ANA, you can take advantage of a quick and convenient application process through your ANA account.
- Theme Parks & Attractions: A number of theme parks throughout the country offer special nurse discounts, ranging from 15% to 50% off their regular admission prices. From Disney and Universal to zoos, aquariums, water parks and escape rooms, you and your family can access nurse discounts on theme parks and attractions through the ID.me program.
- Local Discounts: Don’t forget to ask at your place of work about special discount programs for nurses, including promotions during Nurses Month and throughout the year.
The staff at American Mobile is privileged to work with nurses every day as we match them in travel nursing jobs and support them on assignment. We know how hard you work and how much you care. Thank you for all you do - We wish you a happy nurses month!