POSITION SUMMARY: Provides direct care to adult, geriatric, and pediatric patients using the nursing process
of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation based on the scope of care for the department. He/she is
responsible for managing care of assigned patients and delegating and coordinating activities of ancillary staff.
Assumes the role of patient advocate in the work environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Nurse Manager and takes
direction from the Charge Nurse. The incumbent oversees the duties of the LVN’s on the unit.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of accredited school of nursing .
2. Current California R.N. licensure required.
3. Recent acute care experience preferred.
1. Must demonstrate basic medical/surgical nursing skills.
2. Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
3. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of adult, geriatric, and pediatric population.
? Special Skills/Equipment:
1. Valid C.P.R. certification required.
2. Medical Surgical Certification preferred.
? Physical Requirements:
? Quantifiable Dimensions
? Adheres to the Code of Conduct set fourth in Sutter Delta Medical Center, standards for business conduct
policies and procedures.
? Performs duties in a safe, ethical, and honest manner, and promptly and appropriately addresses any potential
violations of the Sutter Delta Medical Center standards for business conduct policies and procedures.
FREEDOM TO ACT/ACCOUNTABILITY: The Staff RN is accountable to the patients, Nurse Manager, and
co-workers in the provision of care and promoting a collaborative environment. The RN practices within the scope
of the California RN Nurse Practice Act. The staff RN is accountable for reviewing the patient’s condition,
evaluating and revising care plans , evaluating the performance of team members, reviewing and reporting
diagnostic study results to physicians. The Staff RN must make decisions relevant to patient care, and provide
recommendations to the physician, patient care team, and family on the most appropriate plan of care and
appropriate discharge options including patient care teaching plan, basic home care plan, and transfer options.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/CONTACTS: The Staff RN maintains effective working relationships with
patients, visitors, staff, and physicians. The Staff RN demonstrates the principles of continuous quality
improvement in problem solving and promoting excellence.
HIPPA = ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION BY JOB TITLE
1. Demographic information, including name and contact information.
2. Date of Service Information
3. Patient Location Information
4. Billing and Insurance Coverage Information
5. Medical Record Information