Scripps Health is a non-profit community health system in San Diego, treating over a half-million patients annually. This is accomplished through the dedication of more than 2,600 affiliated physicians and more than 10,000 employees, spread across four acute-care hospitals on five campuses, home healthcare services and an ambulatory care network of clinics, physician offices and outpatient centers. Recognized as a world leader in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, Scripps is in the forefront of disease and injury prevention, clinical research and medical innovation and technology.
Scripps provides significant charity care to the community—providing more than $170 million to community benefit programs and services last year, more than $155 million of which went to providing uncompensated care.
Scripps facilities include:
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- 11 Scripps Clinic locations around San Diego county
- 2 Scripps Mercy Medical Group locations
- Scripps Home Health Care Services
Recent accolades include:
- Best Hospital in San Diego, San Diego Union-Tribune Readers’ Poll (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
- 100 Most Wired Health Systems, Hospitals & Health Networks (2004, 2005)
- 50 Best Employers for Workers Over 50, AARP (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Working Mother 100 Best Employers list (2005, 2006), Working Mother magazine
- Magnet Hospital (Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla), American Nurses Credentialing Center (2005, 2006)
- NOVA Award, American Hospital Association (2005, 2006)
- Scripps Green Hospital named as a Top 100 Hospital for Cardiovascular Care (2001, 2004, 2005) and for All Services (2004, 2005), Solucient
- 20th in the nation for Endocrinology Care (Scripps Green Hospital), U.S. News & World Report (2006)
- One of America’s Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care (Scripps Green Hospital), U.S. News & World Report (2006).
Nurses can enjoy the positive and supportive environment that Scripps Health offers. The organization works hard to keep their employees happy. Scripps is a place that acknowledges and celebrates excellence in nursing care.
Ask a Recruiter about assignments at Scripps Health and other San Diego facilities.
Return to Hospital List